Capital Regional is a 266-bed acute-care hospital that offers 24/7 Emergency Services in Leon and Gadsden Counties including; a Pediatric ER, Senior Care ER and an Express Care ER. Offerings also include a Bariatric Center, Behavioral Health Center, Cancer Center, Chest Pain Center w/PCI, Comprehensive Breast Center, Family Center, Heart & Vascular Center, Orthopedic Center, Physical Therapy Services, Seniors First, Sleep Center, Stroke Center, Surgical Services, Wound Healing Center, Network-of-Care Affiliated Physician Practices, and more.
Provides direct clinical functions while providing professional education to patients and staff in the emergency department main campus and Gadsden, and Nursing Admissions department. Works closely with department management and unit's education council.
1. Coordinates the development of the education components in collaboration with all appropriate departments.
2. Coordinates and participates in the development of hospital education initiatives, which include nursing orientation, AIDET training, Team STEPPS, and Nurse Advancement Program.
3. Evaluates progress with new hire personnel (to include clinical coaching) and communicates directly with Director/Manager.
4. In accordance with all applicable regulatory standards: designs, implements, and evaluates educational activities related to assessed learning needs, new policies / procedures, standards, equipment or knowledge deficits.
5. Recommends and modifies curriculum of mandatory, regulatory, and unit based education curriculums based on best practice, individual need and special circumstances.
6. Develops annual competency plans and individual competencies, with the Director/Manager for all appropriate departments.
7. Support career/credentialing development to include mentoring, precepting and documentation as appropriate.
8. Assesses, plans, implements, and evaluates the needs assessments from all appropriate departments.
9. Monitors, develops, tracks, and maintains catalog of all Patient Education materials (electronic, television, brochures, handouts, teaching sheets.
10. Remain current in and actively applies new clinical modalities, technical competencies, as well as clinical and research literature related to assigned clinical areas.
11. Demonstrates effective planning skills, completes assignments and meets deadlines.
12. Provides training that is perceived by the participants as well planned, current, and organized.
13. Provides direct patient education information to assist the clinical staff then provides direct bedside mentoring of Staff for instructions that will promote a superior continuum of care.
14. Maintains needed documents and materials in an organized manner such that they may easily retrieved.
15. Participates and cooperates in the unit based Quality Improvement processes and uses Performance Improvement Plan to improve patient safety.
16. Establish & facilitates Councils for Staff Education (made up of clinicians) and Patient Education (made up of staff), and collaborates with department leadership.
17. Promotes patient and staff education by actively assisting with provision of patient care to patients and families on units while mentoring and training clinical staff in patient care or patient education.
18. Catalogs all staff education provided including agendas, minutes and rosters of attendees.
19. Monitors, tracks and reports status of staff compliance with required education items.
20. Must be clinically competent to assist with patient care on unit if needed.
21. Regular, punctual and dependable attendance.
22. Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED: (list required and preferred separately)
• Bachelors Degree in Nursing required (or must be completed within one year of hire)
• RN with Master's in related field OR Master's in Nursing Education preferred
LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION: (list required and preferred separately)
• Florida RN license required
• BLS - AHA Healthcare Provider required
• ACLS required
• PALS required
• CEN preferred
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED: (list required and preferred separately)
• 5 years of current Emergency Department nursing experience required
• 1 year teaching experience; i.e. precepting, mentoring, in-service provider, in a clinical environment required
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
• Working knowledge of Microsoft programs such as Outlook, Excel and Word
• Working knowledge of multimedia display programs
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to multitask various responsibilities
• Knowledge of teaching the adult learner
• Communication skills (verbal, written and kinesthetic)
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom