Clear Lake Regional Medical Center RN Clinical Educator - Emergency Services
Clear Lake Regional Medical Center, where sophisticated, world-class medicine meets the comfort, care, and convenience of a community hospital. For more than 40 years, Clear Lake Regional Medical Center has been providing high-quality, cost-effective, comprehensive healthcare to the Bay Area Houston region.
Some of the services provided at Clear Lake Regional Medical Center include:
Clear Lake Regional Medical Center
- Breast Diagnostic Center
- Cancer care
- Diabetes management
- Level III emergency department
- ACR-accredited imaging center
- One-on-one therapy
- Neuroscience and neurology
- Minimally-invasive and robotic surgery
- Wound treatment center
- Women's and Children's Center
, a Top Performer on Joint Commission Key Qualities , opened its doors in 1972. Today, we have approximately 2,000 staff members and 900 physicians in multiple specialties - more talent and experience than any other hospital in the region.
The RN Clinical Educator - Emergency Services
is responsible for facilitating appropriate education to the hospital's nursing staff and related areas as needed. The scope of work encompasses assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating a comprehensive plan for meeting the educational needs of the assigned area in order to provide educational support to administration, staff and patients. Position Responsibilities:
1. Identifies and assesses learning needs of employees by observing care being delivered, reviewing quality assurance data, and seeking input from the department staff and managers.
2. Develops list of education needs and identifies best method for meeting needs of employees, including, but not limited to, in-service education, certification programs, outside workshops/seminars, professional readings for assigned service area.
3. Researches topics to be presented and facilitates various education activities, e.g.., certification programs, in-services, unit clinical rotations, skills laboratories, etc. This includes general competency and annual competency processes.
4. Evaluates effectiveness of educational activities conducted and revises materials as necessary.
5. Ensures department employees are kept informed of changes to unit policies, procedures, patient care standards, and are trained in use of new equipment, supplies and/or instruments.
6. Maintains accurate records of educational activities offered and communicates and reports as appropriate.
7. Maintains own clinical and educational competence by working in clinical units, as indicated. Keeps abreast of current technology and evidence-based practice standards.
8. Provides support to and works with the Director of Education in assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating continuing nursing education (CNE) activities.
9. Works with other educators to coordinate and facilitate clinical orientation for new employees and Graduate Nurse Residency programs.
10. Plans, organizes, implements and evaluates orientation for new employees as well as Residency Program for Perinatal/Women's Care departments
11. Assists with identification of staff preceptors and provides to support to preceptors and leadership as needed.
12. Participates in various committees, as needed.
13. Provides support for facility-wide education activities, as needed.
14. In conjunction with department management, participates in the development of unit-specific policies, procedures, and patient care standards. Assist in implementing such changes with in the service line.
15. Supports and is involved in the hospital Process Improvement efforts designed to increase patient outcomes, increase patient satisfaction, and improve the utilization of the hospitals human, capital and physical resources.
16. Responsible for assisting in researching and dealing with sentinel events, to include planning for, correcting, and prevention of such events.
17. Serves as a clinical resource person for service line employees. Assist staff in identifying problems and conditions, developing patient care plans, administering medications, documentation, observation and treatments given.
18. Monitors unit and staff and ensures compliance with regulations of outside agencies, eg., OSHA, TJC, Board of Nursing, Texas Department of Health, etc. and takes corrective actions as necessary.
19. Serves as HealthStream Administrator - entering educational assignments, activity completion, tracking of educational activities and running reports. Assists department directors as requested.
20. Develops and maintains cooperative working relationships with a variety of personnel, including physicians, administration, other departments, and other educators, in order to gather and exchange information, resolve educational problems, and improve services provided.
21. Provides leadership and promotes teamwork within departments. Ensures effective communication among caregivers, educators, and management staff.
22. Works collaboratively with other corporate, division hospitals, directors and educators,
23. Supports the mission and goals of the hospital and the Ethics & Compliance Program. Interaction with Other Departments:
Interacts on an ongoing basis with Director of Education, Staff Educators, Nurse Directors, physicians, administrative leadership, other hospital departments, patients and patient family members.Qualifications: Position Requirements:Experience :
1. 5 years of concurrent experience in appropriate service line area.
2. Recent experience in developing teaching and coordinating educational programs.Education:
Graduate of accredited school of nursing, RN, BSN required,
1. Service Line area certification preferred (ex. CEN, etc.)
2. BLS and ACLS Provider certification
3. ACLS Instructor certification. (can train)
4. TNCC Instructor certification (can train)
5. Excellent speaking and presentation skills.
6. Knowledge of principle of adult learning and mentoring.
7. Self-directed and has ability to meet goals with little supervision.
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom