Military & Spouses of Military are now being offered a New Hire Bonus to join our HCA team of hospitals!!
HCA is dedicated to hiring our American Heroes and bringing those iconic military branch values and work ethic to join our teams and provide care to our communities while ensuring our military and their families' success in the civilian work sector. Bonus Amount - 24 month commitment to an HCA facility - RN - $5,000
For immediate consideration for this position, click here! HCA - Fort Walton Beach Medical Center
seeks to hire an experienced Registered Nurse (RN) Employee Health Coordinator
who will embrace our mission where we are committed to the care an improvement of human life. In recognition of this commitment, we strive to deliver high quality, cost effective healthcare in the communities we serve. Facility Profile:
Fort Walton Beach Medical Center is a 257-bed hospital located in Fort Walton Beach in the panhandle of Northwest Florida. With a medical staff of over 200 physicians, it is the only acute care hospital in the Tri-County area that offers open heart surgery, an Advanced Primary Stroke Center accredited by the Joint Commission, Chest Pain Center and a Cancer Care Center that is affiliated with UAB and accredited by the Commission on Cancer.
Fort Walton Beach Medical Center also has a psychiatric treatment center, and advanced care for critically ill patients, including cardiovascular and neonatal intensive care units. In addition to these disease specific services, the medical center has emergency services, including a main ER, Pediatric ER and Express Care. POSITION SUMMARY:
Provide nursing care, health education and guidance for all hospital employees through a comprehensive program that includes first aid, care and assistance to employees who become ill or injured at work.
- Administers immunizations and inoculations to prevent the spread of communicable diseases and meets current regulatory standards.
- Monitors employee health to protect patients and employees, prevent accidents and illnesses.
- Prepares and conducts ongoing health inservices.
- Manages the facility Workers' Compensation Program.
- Ensures the timely processing of employee workers' compensation claims; evaluates occurrence reports to determine accuracy and completeness. Assesses and ensures adequate investigation process.
- Provides initial first aide and coordinates the care of all on the job injuries and/or illnesses.
- Administer the Transitional Duty Program.
- Responsible for maintaining and reporting the OSHA 300 and 300A log.
** Qualified Active Duty Military, Reserves or Veteran / Spouse of Active Duty Military, Reserves or Veteran (Registered Nurse, Certified Surgical Technicians and Paramedic) recruits will be eligible for a sign-on bonus when hired to join our HCA team of caregivers. Speak to a Recruiter for more details. EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Registered Nursing Degree required
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
- Florida RN License required
- COHN strongly preferred
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
- Minimum of 3 years recent experience as medical/surgical staff nurse required
- Previous employee health, occupational health, medical office, and/or infection control experience strongly preferred
Requirements for Military and Spouse Bonus Offer.
- Occupational Health and Safety background/knowledge preferred
- Proficiency in English grammar required
- Computer skills in Micro Word and Excel required
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills required
- Interpersonal communication skills to interact effectively with individuals of diverse organizational hierarchies and cultural backgrounds required
Active Duty Military, Reserves or Veteran / Spouse of Active Duty Military, Reserves or Veteran
Minimum of 1 year experience or equivalent calculated experience in military or civilian setting.
Preferred Military experience: Navy Hospital Corpsman, 66 Series Army Nurse/Medic, Coastguard Health Services Technician, Air Force 46 series Nurse or 4XXXX Series Enlisted Medical
An EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D.