Parkland Medical Center
Through our partnerships with The Lahey Hospital & Medical Center and the New England Heart Institute (NEHI), we bring specialized medicine by highly skilled physicians, innovative approaches to treatment and advanced technology to our communities. With convenient locations in Derry, Londonderry and Salem, we're proud to provide all the care you need close to home.
Critical Care Nurse Educator
Reports to: Director ICU
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Position Summary: Coordinates the organization's leader and staff development program to advance the hospital's operational and strategic goals within Critical Care.
• Works collaboratively with Human Resources VP (HRVP) and department leaders to develop and implement a comprehensive onboarding, training and continuing education plan
• In collaboration with the HRVP, coordinates house wide and clinical orientation for all new employees on a monthly basis and oversees the plan for staff competency to meet state and national regulations and standards (ie. Joint Commission, CMS and other relevant compliance and quality standards)
• In collaboration with Quality and Risk Management staff and department leaders, conducts a house wide learning needs assessment and develops the organization's education plan to address needs and best practices
• Develops and monitors the annual education and training budget; ensures that training time and resources are utilized in a cost effective manner
• With Department Directors and Managers, facilitates student activities and experiences
• Manages vendors for education services and assures timely processing of invoices and quality of the programs offered
• Administrator for the HealthStream Learning Center and PolicyStat program, provides leadership and input for revisions and updates
• Participates in hospital committees and performance improvement efforts that enhance patient education, staff competency, quality and safety
• Works closely with the Quality and Risk Department staff in performance improvement activities
• Promotes internal and external customer satisfaction
• Builds and promotes a culture of service excellence and continuous improvement
• Attendance, works as scheduled
Education & Qualifications:
• Required: Registered Nurse with New Hampshire license or Compact License when applicable, minimum 3 years current critical care nursing experience, teaching experience in critical care.
• Preferred: Master's Degree in Nursing or other health care related field; self-directed achiever with leadership skills, specialty nursing or staff development certification
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom