West Florida Healthcare(WFH) is the only area hospital to earn an "A" rating in patient safety on the Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade scale as well as the only Atrial Fibrillation Certified hospital. Additionally, WFH was the area's first Accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI and Breast Imaging Center of Excellence. We are also an Advanced Primary Stroke Center. The West Florida Healthcare campus includes the all private room acute care hospital, a mental health facility, and the area's only CARF-accredited, comprehensive physical rehabilitation hospital. WFH has also been honored as a Truven Top 100 Hospital and just recently received their Joint Commission Sepsis accreditation.
Affiliated with HCA, the nation's leading provider of healthcare, West Florida Healthcare offers major services in cardiology/cardiovascular surgery, oncology, neurology/neurosurgery, orthopedics, emergency care, behavioral health, obstetrics, rehabilitative medicine and many other medical specialties.
The RN provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Current licensure as an RN
- Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider.
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
- One (1) year RN experience preferred.
- Minimum of 6 months experience in critical care.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom