Oviedo Medical Center
, a 64-Bed acute care hospital with a 22-bed emergency department, will bring a full range of healthcare services to Seminole County and surrounding communities. The hospital's modern design and up-to-date technology will provide a world-class facility to support local physicians and delivering excellent patient care. Oviedo Medical Center has been deemed an HCA Hospital of the Future due to the cutting edge technology we provide to both our patients and staff.
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for the observation, assessment, nursing diagnosis, planning, intervention, and evaluation of care; health teaching and counseling of the ill, injured, or infirm; and the promotion of wellness, maintenance of health, and prevention of illness of others. Administers medications and treatments as prescribed or authorized by a duly licensed practitioner authorized by the laws of this state to prescribe such medications and treatments. You are expected to smile!
Desired skills: Previous 1 - 2 RN ED experience highly desired.
Strong ED experience is required. 22-Bed ER.
Equal Opportunity EmployerQualifications:
- Nursing Diploma or ASN required; BSN preferred
- Current FL State RN License
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) and ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support) required
- Current PALS or ENPC Certification required
- NIHSS Stroke Certification
- Non-Violent Crisis Intervention training required within 6 months of new hire
- Critical thinking, service excellence and good interpersonal communication skills, ability to read/comprehend written instructions, ability to follow verbal instructions, PC skills, Knowledge of State, Federal, and JCAHO regulations.