Blake Medical Center
is located in Bradenton, Florida, just minutes from the beautiful Gulf Coast beaches of Manatee County. Our 383-bed, level II trauma center and has received official verification by the American College of Surgeons. Our Internal Medicine Residency Training Program will formally begin in July of 2016, allowing us to accept and teach resident physicians at our hospital. Blake is also a proud recipient of the American Heart Association's Gold Fit Friendly Designation for our above and beyond dedication to employees' health. Also, our Florida community, North Port-Sarasota-Bradenton, ranks No. 3 overall and No. 1 in financial well-being on the Gallup-Healthways Well-Being Index®.
Blake Medical Center received its first Level II Trauma designation by the State of Florida in 2012 followed by the American College of Surgeons Consultation in 2013. As a Primary Stroke Center and Award-winning Heart Care and Chest Pain Center, our Emergency Department
is equipped with 19 beds plus 2 Trauma Bays (and separate "fast track" beds) to provide exceptional 24-hour emergency care for the patients we serve. Make excellence your goal by joining Blake Medical Center. Apply online today! Qualifications: Education
- Nursing Diploma or ASN required, BSN preferred.
Experience / Skills
- Current Florida State Registered Nursing license
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) through American Heart Association required
- Current ACLS, PALS, and TNCC preferred, required within 6 months of hire
- ABLS (Advanced Burn Life Support) preferred, required within 12 months of hire
- National Institute of Health (NIH) Stroke Scale certification required - available online at www.strokeassociation.org .
- Minimum one year RN experience preferred; prior ED/Trauma experience desired
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills
- Prior HCA/Meditech experience desired.
- Strong work ethic and team player attitude desired.
- Prior Pediatric Nursing experience desired.
- Prior Burn experience desired, but not required.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom