Registered Nurse / RN Emergency Room / ER / Emergency Department / ED / Emergency Services Work Schedule: PRN As Needed Grand Prairie Emergency Job Summary and Responsibilities:
- Delivers professional nursing care to all patients presenting to the ED;
- Performs triage assessment and acuity assignment;
- Follows standard of care utilizing Nursing Process in delivery of care;
- Maintains accountability for professional decisions and actions;
- Administers treatments/medications/procedures within scope of practice;
- Participates in coordination of care with ED management staff, team leader, physicians, department staff and ancillary services;
- Responsible for delegation of duties to technical support staff maintaining accountability of delegation;
- Provides patient care as needed for patient types, which include but are not limited to neurological disorders, oncologic, cardiac services, orthopedic disorders, and Trauma in the following age categories: adult, pediatric and geriatric populations.
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse from Texas Board of Nurse Examiners. Compact license is accepted.
- Current CPR - healthcare provider, issued by American Heart Association.
- Current TNCC, PALS
- ACLS required.
- Prefer one year of recent experience.
- Strongly prefer basic computer skills to process order entry and retrieve data.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom