For over 45 years, HCA's Memorial Hospital in Jacksonville has been a leader in providing quality healthcare to Northeast Florida. Memorial Hospital is a 418-bed acute care hospital offering a full line of services, including 24-hour emergency care at four different locations. We feature an accredited Chest Pain Center , certified Stroke Center, dedicated Heart Center , Bone and Joint Center , and Memorial's maternity center , Special Beginnings.
As a member of the Memorial team, you'll enjoy a competitive base pay, full benefits to include health, life dental, 401k, etc., tuition reimbursement, potential sign-on/relocation and limitless growth potential as you'll be joining one of the largest and most successful hospital corporations in the country.
And whether you're a family, single or an empty-nester nearing retirement, Jacksonville really offers something for everyone. With a population of 1.3 million, a low cost of living, high quality of life and wonderful climate, top rated school, and having recently been named one of the country's 'Top 10 Best Cities in the U.S. to Find a Job (by Forbes) and one of the top 10 'Best Cities for Relocating Families (by Mobility Magazine) all just an easy drive to the beautiful beaches of the Atlantic coast, you really can't go wrong!
Provides care in the Endoscopy Unit directed toward meeting both the psychosocial and physical needs of the patient. Acts as a resource and mentor. Care given reflects initiative and responsibility indicative of professional expectations. Utilizes initiative, strives to maintain steady level of productivity. Coordinates and oversees patient care.
Recruitment is underway for a Registered Nurse PRN in Endoscopy.
1. Demonstrates knowledge in all areas of care specific to Gastroenterology and conscious
2. Ability to perform a pre-procedure assessment on all patients and reassessment, as needed
3. Demonstrates ability to establish and maintain IV lines as determined by specialty.
4. Requires knowledge of medications and IV fluids and their correct administration, based on
age of the patient and patient's condition.
5. Provides patient with explanation and verbal reassurance consistently.
6. Formulates a teaching plan, based on identified patient learning needs and evaluates
effectiveness of learning; family is included in teaching, as appropriate, from pre-procedure to
7. Communicates appropriately and clearly to Nurse Manager, coworkers and physicians.
8. Consults with other departments, as needed and appropriate, to provide for an interdisciplinary
approach to the patient's needs.
9. Maintains an environment that provides the patient and family with feelings of safety and
10. Meets current documentation standards and policies, and completes within daily work shift.
11. Requires knowledge of cardiac monitoring and can identify dysrhythimias.
12. Identifies physical symptoms and changes; takes appropriate action in a timely manner.
13. Maintain the procedure room, including patient preparation, positioning, draping, taking and
recording vital sighns.
14. Demonstrates knowledge of aseptic technique and practice.
15. Manages and operates equipment safely and correctly.
16. Obtain lab specimens according to hospital procedures and follow up to insure correct
processing and handling.
17. Assist physician with exams and procdures.
18. Fulfill the responsibility of call duty.
Graduate of Accredited School of Nursing
Minimum 2yrs Med Surg Experience
Bachelor of Science in Nursing
5yrs Endoscopy Experience
Special or additional competencies or qualifications:
Must be proficient in Specialty area, Organizational skills, good communication skills
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom