Serving the community for nearly 60 years, Sunrise Hospital & Medical Center
provides Las Vegas and the Southwest region with high quality, advanced healthcare services. Sunrise Hospital is the largest acute care facility in Nevada. Sharing the same campus as Sunrise Children's Hospital, Nevada's largest most comprehensive children's hospital.
The Registered Nurse performs active nursing process consisting of the functions of assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating care for patients. May assume the role as Team Leader for part or duration of shift. Position: Full Time Nights
Department Population is Ortho (80% the remaining Medical Surgical overflow), 23 beds (private), typical assignment 5:1 each shift, two certified nursing assistants on days, Charge RN's on both nights and days, plus we have a Flex Program Coordinator. Additional Information:
The FLEX Program at Sunrise Hospital & Medical Center has earned The Joint Commission's Gold Seal of Approval® for disease-specific care in the areas of knee, hip, and spine by demonstrating compliance with national standards for healthcare quality and safety.
Our Certified Orthopedic Nurses are specially trained to care for patients with joint and spine conditions, and work hand-in-hand with our physicians and rehabilitation team. We also provide pre- and post-operative education for you and your loved ones so that you can return to your daily activities as quickly as possible.
In addition to the skill and expertise of our team, our newly renovated unit features:
- Private and semi-private rooms overlooking the Las Vegas Strip and nearby mountain ranges
- Orthopedic recliners and hand-held showers
• The FLEX Program at Sunrise Hospital & Medical Center features a dedicated Orthopedic and Spine Program Coordinator. Many of our Orthopedic Nurses are certified by the Orthopedic Nurses Certification Board. This Certified Orthopedic Nurse acts as a navigator throughout your journey with us, answering any questions that you and your loved ones may have along the way.
• Our multidisciplinary team also includes Southern Nevada's only accredited rehabilitation unit. The Rehabilitation Unit at Sunrise Hospital & Medical Center is accredited by the Commission on the Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF). We offer a comprehensive rehabilitation program complete with physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech therapists, recreational therapists, and acute-care therapists with specialized training to care for joint and spine patients. The Rehabilitation Unit at Sunrise Hospital & Medical Center is conveniently located on the same floor as The FLEX Program, offering our patients a complete continuum of care.
• A Certified Orthopedic Nurse is required to complete more than one hundred hours of continuing education to maintain certification and provide the best possible care for this unique patient population. Certification shows that these nurses are committed to life-long learning and a high-level of knowledge that contributes to excellent patient care and safety.
• In addition to our Certified Orthopedic Nurses, we offer Southern Nevada's only Certified Pain Management Nurse. This specialized nurse enables our team to proactively address your pain needs prior to your arrival on the day of your surgery. Our physicians are highly engaged in the FLEX Program, and participate in both the pre- and post-operative education process.Qualifications:
NOTE: Upon submitting your online application, you will receive an assessment that will need to be completed. Please check your spam folder if you do not see this in your regular email.
- Requires current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Nevada.
- Graduate of Accredited School of Nursing; BSN preferred.
- Basic computer and hospital informatics skills required.
- Specialty Certification where required; example: BLS
- Current acute clinical care experience in rehabilitation preferred
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom