Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Demonstrates professionalism in practice: decision making skills, time management skills, adaptability, stress tolerance/energy level, teamwork & professional appearance/attitude. Communicates with all contacts in a professional manner.
- Leads and coordinates the daily workflow in hospital service areas. Make effective rounds throughout the hospital to observe patient care, environmental conditions and general atmosphere.
- Provides quality nursing care to patients in an environment that promotes their rights, dignity, freedom of choice and individuality.
- Ensures implementation of core measures requirements, Meaningful Use requirements, TJC standards and Infection control practices.
- Documents actions by completing forms, reports, logs, and Electronic Medical Records in real time.
- Adheres to the Code of Conduct
- Responds to situations involving patients, unit, staff and visitors and provide a resolution.
- Protects organization's value by keeping patient information confidential (HIPAA).
- Maintains the comfort, privacy, and dignity of patients in the delivery of services to them. Interacts with patients in a manner that displays warmth and promotes a caring environment.
- Demonstrates the principles of Customer Focused Care delivery: Customer Service Principles, AIDET, No Pass Zone, Hourly Rounding, Handoff communication & iTrace.
- Assists in maintaining a safe, neat clean environment; reports environmental deficiencies to plant ops or supply chain such as lighting or equipment problems.
- Ensures that supplies and equipment necessary for patient care are stored in an organized and efficient manner.
- Participates in economical utilization of supplies
- Responsible for staffing per productivity standards
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational offerings; reviewing professional publications.
- Attends hospital meetings as assigned or required.
- Knowledgeable of Microsoft Outlook and keeps calendar and emails up to date.
ADN or BSN from an accredited school of nursing
Current Kansas License
BLS required within 30 days of hire
ACLS required within 90 days of hire
NRP required within 90 days of hire
TNCC required within 90 days of hire
STABLE & AWHONN recommended
Triage training required
Minimum of two years hospital nursing experience
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom