Full-time Nights - 7p to 7a
Our IMCU is a 12 bed ICU Stepdown department that provides care to patients with issues ranging from Trauma, Cardiovascular, Renal/Dialysis, and other critically ill patient populations requiring intensive monitoring. Our unit is staffed with a team oriented group of caring Registered Nurse professionals including a dedicated Nurse Educator and an experienced, engaged Management team. Our floor has an excellent culture that encourages participation and teamwork. We are looking for a RN with experience in an acute care facility at the ICU or Stepdown level, however are open to those looking to advance their career in this area.
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
• Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Provides cardiopulmonary management and monitoring for patients.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
Orients and mentors new staff membersQualifications:
Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Required Job Qualifications include:
• Current licensure as an RN.
• Have BSN or will sign up for BSN within 6 months of hire and completing in 2 years of hire.
• Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider and ACLS.
• Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom