Trident Health is a multi-facility health system located in South Carolina's Lowcountry, an dis part of the national HCA healthcare network. Trident is comprised of two acute care hospitals - Trident Medical Center and Summerville Medical Center - and Moncks Corner Medical Center, which provides outpatient medical services and 24/7 Emergency Services. Affiliated with Trident are a number of physician practices that provide family medicine, surgical services and specialty medical care. These quality-focused entities work together to bring excellence in medical and wellness services to residents of the Lowcountry. For the third straight year, The Joint Commission recently recognized Trident as one of the nation's top hospitals for quality and safety.
Under general supervision the Critical Care Unit /ICU Registered Nurse (RN ICU/CCU) staff nurse provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies and procedures of Trident Health System.
In collaboration with the patient, the patients' family and other members of the health care team, the Critical Care Unit /ICU Registered Nurse (RN ICU/CCU) assesses, plans, implements, evaluates, and coordinates treatment plans.
The Critical Care Unit/ICU Registered Nurse (RN ICU/CCU) manages adolescent, adult, geriatric critical care patients in accordance with established policy and procedure.
- Use therapeutic communication in daily practice.
- Maintain a safe and therapeutic Intensive Care environment.
- Implement and direct care, using the nursing process with emphasis on the needs of individual ICU patients.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the nursing process.
- Provide emotional support of the patient and significant others to make informed choices regarding health care.
- Promote an ICU environment that treats patients and families with dignity, respect and appreciation of their lifestyle, religion and culture.
- Maintain high quality, age specific care for adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients as assigned.
- Delegate tasks to the appropriate caregiver.
- Participate in Cardiovascular Department specific initiatives and process improvement.
- Provide supervision of new employees, patient care assistants, vocational nurses, nurse technicians, student nurses, and / or nurse interns.
- Support the mission, vision, and values of the organization
- Current license as a registered Nurse to practice in the State of South Carolina.
- BLS - Healthcare provider
- NIH Stroke Scale Certification must be complete within 90 days of hire.
* Transfers/New Hires have six (6) months from employment to obtain ACLS certification. Experience:
- Minimum of 1 year of Critical Care/ICU experience required to qualify for the sign-on bonus.
- Effective communication skills; both orally and written.
- Computer skills needed.
- Ability to manage a team and work with others within a team to ensure quality patient care. Strong problem solving skills.
- Must have effective critical thinking, decisive judgment and ability to work with minimal supervision.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom