About Good Samaritan Hospital
Good Samaritan Hospital is a 474 bed acute care hospital in the heart of Silicon Valley, with two locations, the main campus in San Jose, California and the Mission Oaks campus in Los Gatos, California. Recognized nationally for quality and safety, it has an 'A' from The Leapfrog Group and has been voted a "Family Favorite" hospital for more than ten years. It is one of only ten hospitals nationwide to be awarded the Outstanding Achievement Award from the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer four consecutive times. Good Samaritan is a leader in neurosciences, high-risk obstetrics, advanced cardiology and innovative surgery techniques, and is a Joint Commission-certified Comprehensive Stroke Center and an accredited Chest Pain Center.
The Case Management teams are dedicated with excellent services for patients at Good Samaritan Hospital. Interested in joining our team? Apply online now.
Schedule : 0.8, (32 hours per week), Shift: - Nights, rotating weekends.
Internal Posting Period: September 8, 2017 - September 14, 2017
The Case Manager is responsible for utilization review and discharge planning for assigned patient population. She/he manages and coordinates the resources necessary and appropriate for the achievement of maximal clinical and financial patient outcomes. She/he provides direct service to patients and their families for emotional support, education, and information regarding community resources and discharge planning.
• Reviews all patients for severity of illness and intensity of service using InterQual IS/SI criteria
• Conducts concurrent stay review to ensure patient continues to meet criteria
• Initiates referrals to Physician Advisor on questions of appropriate admissions, continued stay, and quality of care. Discusses cases with PA's and contacts attending physician with result of the review
• Work closely with attending physicians to insure appropriate documentation
• Provide concurrent review to third party payors
• Assesses and evaluates the patient's functional status and appropriate level of care needed after discharge
• Interview patients and families to formulate and implement a discharge plan
• Maintains a current referral network and knowledge base of community resources and services
• Makes appropriate contacts and referrals to meet
• Coordinates all transfer to other facilities
• Documents through the Meditech system all discharge planning activities
• Maintains and cultivates good working relationships with physicians regarding patient's discharge/level of care
• Provides additional duties as assigned
Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required:
1. Registered Nurse with a current California license
2. Current Basic Cardiac Life Support Provider Course.
3. Minimum of two to five years experience in an acute care facility required.
4. Demonstrates excellent communication, written and collaboration skills.
5. Creative in problem solving and systems planning and management.
6. Self-directed and able to work under pressure and constant change.
7. Demonstrates positive, professional relationships with department staff, physicians, hospital personnel and others, thereby promoting teamwork.
8. Ability to learn and use computerized patient care management system.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom