Performs direct patient care through utilization of the nursing process in accordance with the California Nurse Practice Act, physician orders, hospital policies and procedures, and established professional standards. The RN is responsible and accountable for the delivery of safe, competent care either through direct delivery of that care or appropriate delegation and for performance improvement and quality initiatives as appropriate.
• Graduate of an accredited School of Professional Nursing
• Current RN license by the Board of Nurse Examiners State of California
• Current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider or American Red Cross Professional Rescuer CPR Card
• Current ACLS (if practicing in any of the following units: OBS, 3 Telemetry, PCU, L&D, Critical Care, PACU, Special Procedures, ED, Radiology, Cath Lab, CVOU))
• NRP (if practicing in any of the following units: Nursery, Pediatrics, NICU, Labor & Delivery, Post Partum)
• PALS (if practicing in any of the following units: Pediatrics, NICU, ED)
• NICU RNs will have a minimum of two years of level 3 NICU experience.
• TNCC (if practicing in the ED)
• AFM (if practicing in L&D)
• Certifications may be obtained within first six months of hire with prior Director/Manager approval with the exception of BLS/CPR and AFM, which are required within 90 days of hire
• Minimum of one-year experience in specialty preferred
• Minimum passing score of 80% on the Los Robles Hospital & Medical Center EKG exam for experienced RNs hired for ER, 3 Telemetry, PCU, PACU, Special Procedures, OBS, Critical Care, Cath Lab, CVOU, Radiology upon hire or transfer where applicable OR completion of EKG class for non- experienced RNs.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom