Osceola Regional Medical Center
is a Joint Commission accredited 368-bed hospital that builds on a proud tradition of healthcare excellence in Osceola County, Florida. Osceola Regional is conveniently and centrally located in Heart of Kissimmee only minutes from Orlando, St. Cloud, Celebration and Poinciana.
Nationally recognized as a Top Performer in Key Quality Measures by the Joint Commission, 2015 Top Urban Hospital by Leapfrog, designated by the state as a Trauma Center Level II, and being the largest hospital in Osceola County, Osceola Regional Medical Center offers a full range of specialized health care services such as the Heart and Vascular Institute, Advanced Primary Stroke Center, Certified Chest Pain Center with Percutaneous Coronary Intervention (PCI), Pediatric Emergency Room, Pediatric Inpatient and Intensive Care Units, the Baby Suites birthing unit with Neonatology Intensive Care Unit Level II, Orthopedic & Spine Center, Behavioral Health Center with Outpatient Services and a freestanding Emergency Department in Hunter's Creek which serves South Orlando
The Medical Surgical RN provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- Current FL RN license
- Current BLS certification thru AHA
- Previous experience is preferred
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
An EOE/AA employer M/F/V/D
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom