North Florida Regional Medical Center is a general medical and surgical hospital in Gainesville, FL, with Survey data for the latest year available shows that 55,287 patients visited the hospital's emergency room. The hospital had a total of 25,192 admissions. Its physicians performed 6,740 inpatient and 9,875 outpatient surgeries.
Located in Gainesville, FL, North Florida Regional Medical Center is a 445-bed, full-service medical and surgical acute care center serving North Central Florida and offering comprehensive cardiovascular care, oncology, orthopedics, neurosciences, minimally-invasive laparoscopic and robotic surgery, weight loss surgery and treatment, women's health and wound therapy, among other services.
A proven leader, NFRMC is fully accredited, is certified as a Primary Stroke Center and a Quality Top Performer by The Joint Commission in 2010, 2011 and 2012, is an accredited Chest Pain Center, is designated as a Blue Distinction ™ Center for Knee and Hip Replacement, Spine Surgery and Bariatric Surgery and has been recognized by U.S.News & World Report for its High-Performing Gynecology Program. North Florida Regional Medical Center is a member of Hospital Corporation of America (HCA).
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
• Associate Degree, Diploma in Nursing, or BSN required
• State of Florida RN License required
• BLS - AHA Healthcare Provider
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
• 1-3 Years Acute care experience preferred
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
• Reads and writes Basic English with the basic skills necessary to transcribe physician's orders
• Knowledge of universal precautions
• Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external partners needs
• Basic computer skills
• Basic arrhythmia test recognition - have upon hire or within 30 days of hire with a 90% passing score