RN Lactation Consultant Shift: FT Days, Rotating Weekends, 12-hour Shifts Medical City Hospital Dallas
The Registered Nurse Lactation Consultant requires advanced understanding and ability to utilize the nursing process. Provides expert care in lactation management according to the ILCA Standards of Practice for IBCLC Lactation Consultants. Provides informal and formal staff development learning activities related to breastfeeding management. Serves as an expert consultant to maternal-child staff, physicians, and other healthcare professionals in the management of patients with complex breastfeeding problems. Participates in program development activities. Practices according to the family-centered maternity care model.
The Lactation Department at Medical City consists of nine Board Certified Lactation Consultants. We offer inpatient and outpatient consultations, sale/rental of breast pumps and a "warm" line for telephone support. Inpatients are seen on a daily basis and outpatients by referral and appointment only. Why work for HCA:
Click the Link to find out more about our Benefits and what exciting things are happening.Qualifications:
- Graduate from an accredited professional school of nursing.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred. Continuing education in lactation and breastfeeding required.
- Minimum of two years experience in maternal-child health nursing in an acute care setting.
- Experience with breastfeeding management require
- Current license with the Board of Nurse Examiners of the State of Texas or a temporary permit.
- IBCLC required
- BLS, NRP
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom