RN Med/Surg PRN Surgical Unit
Company: Hospital Corporation of America
Location: Dublin, Georgia
Posted: November 14, 2017
Reference ID: 00384-2630
Fairview Park Hospital is an employee-centered, physician-friendly, community-focused hospital. We are a state-of-the-art, 190-bed acute care facility providing community healthcare services including a 24-hr Emergency Room, inpatient and outpatient surgery options, and rehabilitation therapy services. Our culture is based upon our values of I-CARE: Integrity, Competence, Accountability, Respect and Excellence. In our small-town community, we are literally, "Neighbors Caring for Neighbors".
Accepts the responsibility and accountability for a designated group of patients. Administers direct
and indirect patient care based on scientific principles and guided by the established policies and
procedures of Fairview Park Hospital. Proficient in specialty areas as appropriate. Population served:
Infant, Pediatric, Adolescent, Adult and Geriatric.
Experience: Preferred Tele RN
Education: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing, current license in GA.
Special Qualifications: Current CPR. Successful completion of medication exam according to policy
guidelines. Verbal ability to present information and ideas related to nursing theory and practice. Willing to
accept responsibility and accountability to prescribe, delegate and coordinate nursing care. Area qualifica-
tions may include: ACLS certification, certification in specialty area, word processing, & computer knowledge.
Employees Supervised: LPN, PCA, Unit Clerk, Nurse Tech
1. Assess & reassess patient condition. Initiate plan of care. Begin discharge planning on admission. Recognize & report
change in condition, evaluate care, update/revise plan of care. Provides patient care.
2. Maintain & apply current nursing standards and clinical competency including the National Patient Safety Goals. Apply
critical thinking skills in conjunction with facility policies & procedures to prioritize and problem solve.
3. Meet the personal and practical needs of patients and families as described in "Patients First Service". Use appropriate &
effective communication skills.
4. Accepts accountability for completion of assignments, demonstrates reliability & dependability (including compliance with
the attendance policy), and utilizes time and material cost-effectively.
5. Continue self-development, provide leadership & actively participate in Performance Improvement Activities. Directs
others as needed.
6. Reflects HCA values and its ethical and compliance principles in his/her daily activities (Code of Conduct).