Trident Medical Center is a 313-bed major medical center providing a comprehensive range of services and specialties including a 24-hour emergency room with a Level II Trauma Center. The hospitals breadth of care options includes specialty facilities such as an award-winning Heart Center, the Trident Breast Care Center and the South Carolina Institute for Robotic Surgery. Trident Medical Center offers Critical Care Services and 24/7 hospitalist and intensivist programs. For more than 40 years, Trident Medical Center has proudly served patients and families in Berkeley, Charleston and Dorchester Counties.
Under the direction of the Nursing Director or Supervisor, the Registered Nurse (RN) is responsible for the delivery of quality patient care through the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation. The RN is responsible for directing all nursing care for patients based on established clinical nursing practice and federal, state, and local regulations. The RN incorporates knowledge of patient's age specific development and cultural diversity into the plan of care. The RN contributes to quality nursing care through process improvement techniques and multidisciplinary collaboration that demonstrates positive outcomes in the delivery of patient care. Job may include direct supervision of students at the discretion of the area supervisor. Employee must have the same licensure or have completed the same training to satisfy the requirements of the discipline of the student. Direct supervision means the primary caregiver is readily available to the student throughout the shift.Qualifications: Licensure/Certification/Registration
- Current license as a registered Nurse to practice in the State of South Carolina.
- BLS - Healthcare provider
- NIH Stroke Scale Certification must be complete within 90 days of hire.
* Transfers/New Hires have six (6) months from employment to obtain ACLS certification. Experience:
- Minimum of 1 year of Critical Care/ICU experience required to qualify for the sign-on bonus.
- Effective communication skills; both orally and written.
- Computer skills needed.
- Ability to manage a team and work with others within a team to ensure quality patient care. Strong problem solving skills.
- Must have effective critical thinking, decisive judgment and ability to work with minimal supervision.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom