Registered Nurse / RN NICU Work Schedule: PRN as needed
Delivers professional nursing care to all patients in NICU. Performs assessment and acuity assignment; follows standard of care utilizing Nursing Process in delivery of care; maintains accountability for professional decisions and actions. Daily assignment of an RN may include supervision of other nursing personnel and/or students. Function as a preceptor and ability to function as a charge nurse. The employee performs all services as they may relate to patient care/treatment with consideration for age/condition of patient.
- Requires basic understanding and ability to utilize the nursing process; requires knowledge and ability necessary to : 1) exercise judgment within the guidelines of medical plan of care, department policy and licensure practice act; 2) assess patients in order to plan, intervene and evaluate care; 3) apply scientific knowledge, use a variety of equipment, and perform multiple technical procedures; 4) make discriminating observations; 5) function as a preceptor; 6) ability to function as a charge nurse; 7) To be a productive member of the multidisciplinary team in helping to set and reach patient cares goals.
- Authorized to access secure drug and biological storage areas when completing a medication management orientation and when necessary to perform the assigned duties.
Helping your Miracle Grow! The 22 bed Level III NICU Department at Medical Center Arlington is staffed 24 hours a day by a wonderful Neonatology group, known for excellent outcomes, and are easy to work with. But that's not all...
- Over 4,300 deliveries each year in the dedicated women's tower
- Newly renovated 29-bed antepartum and gynecologic surgery unit
- Fetal Diagnostic Center - OB Emergency Department
- Maternal Fetal Medicine Program
- Childbirth Education Classes
- Lactation Consultants
- Gynecologic Robotic Surgery
- Registered Nurse led PICC Team
- Speech and Development specialists
- On Unit Pharmacists
MCA is a 340 bed, acute care hospital located in South Arlington. MCA is accredited by The Joint Commission and is designated as the Official Hospital of the Texas Rangers. Representing more than 40 areas of specialized care, MCA provides a complete lineup of award-winning healthecare services.Qualifications: Qualification Requirements:
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse from Texas Board of Nurse Examiners. Compact license is accepted.
- Current BLS - healthcare provider, issued by American Heart Association.
- Current NRP required.
- STABLE preferred.
- Two years of previous nursing experience .
- Two years experience in area of specialty preferred.
- Strongly prefer basic computer skills to process order entry and retrieve data.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom