Registered Nurse (RN) - Neuro Intensive Care Unit (Neuro ICU) Medical City Dallas Schedule: Full Time Nights
Sign on Bonus and/or Relocation Bonus available for eligible candidates and positions
The Neuro ICU RN performs direct patient care within the scope of the Registered Nurse Practice Act, with emphasis on the Neuro ICU Service Line.
About Medical City Hospital Dallas
- Use therapeutic communication in daily practice.
- Maintain a safe and therapeutic Intensive Care environment.
- Implement and direct care, using the nursing process with emphasis on the needs of individual ACC patients.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the nursing process.
- Provide emotional support of the patient and significant others to make informed choices regarding health care.
- Promote a supportive environment that treats patients and families with dignity, respect and appreciation of their lifestyle, religion and culture.
- Maintain high quality, age specific care for adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients as assigned.
- Delegate tasks to the appropriate caregiver.
- Participate in NVICU Department specific initiatives and process improvement.
- Provide supervision of new employees, patient care assistants, nurse technicians, student nurses, and / or nurse interns.
- Support the mission, vision, and values of the organization
Medical City Hospital Dallas is a very "special" medical center located in far North Dallas that is designed with the health and well-being of the entire family. Prevention of disease is our focus, but treatment, when necessary is by some of the most highly specialized physicians in the country. In fact, patients travel to Medical City from over 75 countries and from all over the United States for the sophisticated treatment offered by some of its 400 in-house physician specialists....where they have access to the latest and most sophisticated technology. Over 95 different medical and surgical sub-specialists are housed within the "City". Our medical center offers a full service adult and pediatric hospital, with separate adult and pediatric emergency rooms, outpatient centers, and a psychiatric hospital. Being recognized for their excellence in patient care, Medical City has received numerous awards including the Joint Commission's highest honor bestowed to hospitals in the United States. Why work for HCA:
Click the Link to find out more about our Benefits and what exciting things are happening. For additional information contact Amy Trillo at 972-310-7791 or firstname.lastname@example.org Qualifications:
- BSN or enrolled and completed within 24 months of hire.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Professional Nursing
- Current license by the Board of Nurse Examiners State of Texas.
- Texas State RN license or compact license is accepted.
- Minimum of one-year experience in Critical Care in an acute care hospital within the last three years required.
- Experience with high acuity ICU medical / surgical patients is preferred.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom