Now accepting OR nurse who want CVOR training! Unit Description:
South Austin Hospital Surgery department is equipped with 9 operating suites, and 1 Cystoscopy suite. We perform procedures such as neuro, orthopedic and cardiac. Our surgical volume ranges between 5,000 and 6,000 procedures yearly, including over 250 open-heart surgeries annually. To accommodate our growing cardiac volumes, we added 2 state-of-the-art cardiac OR suites, conveniently located near our Cardiovascular Recover unit.
Due to the importance of orienting and educating the OR department, we have a full time educator on board to help meet the needs of our new and current staff. Position Description:
Under the indirect supervision of the Supervisor(s) of the unit, the Circulator RN is expected to implement the nursing process (including use of nursing diagnosis), document nursing activities and intervention plan, as well as medication administered. The RN provides leadership and supervises the care, maintenance and activities of the surgical suite. Qualifications: EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Required
: Graduation from an accredited school of nursing. Minimum one year of experience in operating room environment as a circulator. Preferred
: Completion of or actively pursuing a BSN degree. LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS: Required:
Licensed by the Texas State Board of Nurse Examiners. Current certification as BLS Healthcare Provider Preferred:
CNOR KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrates effective working knowledge of equipment used in work area.
- Demonstrates effective guest relations with internal and external customers.
- Demonstrates knowledge of Meditech and general computer skills.
- Maintains confidentiality regarding patient information.
- Participates in budget control by using only those supplies necessary within the work area.
- Demonstrate an understanding of HCA's and St. David's "Patient First" safety initiatives through strict compliance to all safety protocols and procedures.
- Works autonomously, sets priorities and makes decisions of a complex nature.
- Works with patients ranging in life span from infants to geriatric.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom