For over 45 years, HCA's Memorial Hospital in Jacksonville has been a leader in providing quality healthcare to Northeast Florida. Memorial Hospital is a 418-bed acute care hospital offering a full line of services, including 24-hour emergency care at four different locations. We feature an accredited Chest Pain Center , certified Stroke Center, dedicated Heart Center , Bone and Joint Center , and Memorial's maternity center , Special Beginnings.
Memorial Hospital (an HCA facility) is located less than 20 miles from the beaches of Jacksonville. We are the premiere medical facility in the Jacksonville area and we are looking for an Operating Room Nurse with Open Heart experience for the Main OR to join our team.
Responsible for the delivery of safe, effective, and quality patient-family centered care in the operating room and other areas of perioperative services for all patient populations. Supports the mission, vision, and values of the organization. Acts as a resource to peers and as preceptor to new employees. Must be able to fulfill the responsibilities of being on call.
1. Assess patients at intervals as stated in policies and procedures.
2. Develop an individualized perioperative plan of care.
3. Implement the plan of care using the following interventions:
a. Protect patient from injury caused by chemical, electrical, laser, positioning, thermal sources, and extraneous objects.
b. Perform count procedures to protect patient from unintended retained foreign objects.
c. Perform interventions necessary to ensure patient's procedure is performed on the correct site, side, and level.
d. Manage patient's specimen(s) in the appropriate manner.
e. Communicate patient's current status throughout the continuum of care.
f. Administer medication(s) appropriately.
g. Perform interventions to maintain patient's wound and tissue perfusion at or above baseline levels.
h. Perform interventions to maintain the status of the patient's genitourinary, gastrointestinal, musculoskeletal, endocrine, respiratory, cardiovascular, and neurological systems, and fluid, electrolyte, and acid-base balances at or above baseline levels.
i. Perform interventions to ensure the patient is at or returned to normothermia at the conclusion of the immediate postoperative period.
j. Perform interventions to protect patient from infection.
k. Assess knowledge level of patient or designated support person and provide education regarding the expected psychosocial response, nutritional management, medication management, pain management, wound management, and expected responses to the operative or invasive procedure.
l. Actively involve patient or designated support person in decisions affecting his or her perioperative plan of care and the rehabilitation process.
m. Protect patient's rights, dignity, and privacy.
n. Provide culturally competent, age-appropriate, ethical care within legal standards of practice.
o. Provide consistent and comparable care regardless of the setting.
4. Evaluate the patient's progress toward attaining outcomes.
5. Transfer care as appropriate.
6. Delegate tasks as appropriate according to the state Nurse Practice Act and job descriptions.
7. Document nursing care.
8. Collaborate effectively with other disciplines as appropriate.
9. Participate in quality review and performance improvement projects.
10. Participate in the performance appraisal process.
11. Use problem-solving and conflict resolution skills to foster effective work relationships with team members.
12. Maintain required competencies.
13. Attend required meetings and educational sessions.
14. Act as a patient advocate and maintain privacy of all appropriate information.
•Graduate from an accredited school of nursing
•Current RN license for the State of Florida
One Year OR Experience
2-5 Years OR Trauma Experience
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom