Rio Grande Regional Hospital - McAllen, TX Registered Nurse (RN) - Pediatric ICU
Founded in 1982, Rio Grande Regional Hospital (RGRH)
, an HCA-affiliated facility, is proud of maintaining its status as one of the leading healthcare providers in the Rio Grande Valley. For nearly 33 years, we have remained focused and committed to providing quality healthcare to all members of our community.
With 320 beds and a team of more than 500 physicians representing over 35 specialties, we offer a range of inpatient and outpatient medical, surgical, and specialty services, including:
Rio Grande Regional Hospital
- 24-hour emergency room
- Level III Trauma Center
- Comprehensive cardiovascular care
- 30-bed Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
is currently looking for a Registered Nurse (RN) - Pediatric ICU. Responsibilities:
- Provides and manages nursing care to patients in collaboration with other members of the interdisciplinary health team.
- As medically indicated provides age appropriate, cluster care to premature infants in a minimal stimulation environment.
- Assesses, plans, implements and evaluates all assigned patient care based on the developmental, physical, and psycho-social needs of each patient.
- Is accountable for patient care given by him/her and by those under his/her supervision.
- Is responsible for adhering to all standards of nursing practice.
- Is responsible and accountable for prescribing, delegating and coordinating nursing care.
- Performs all services as they may relate to patient care/treatment with consideration for the age/condition of the patient.
- Performs additional tasks/activities as assigned.
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing.
- Level III Pediatrric ICU Care experience within the last two years preferred.
- Current licensure with the BNE of the state of Texas or a temporary permit with the BNE.
- BLS certification required upon employment.
- PALS certification required within 90 days of hire or ENPC within 90 days of hire.
- RNs with NRP may care for children under 2 years of age.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom