Bayshore Medical Center - Pasadena, TX Registered Nurse (RN) - Adult Psych Unit
Nestled in the heart of the historic land where Texas won its independence, Bayshore Medical Center
offers comfort, convenience, excellence and expertise to our neighbors who trust their health care to us.
For nearly 50 years, we have offered patients solace and security through constant, compassionate communication during their medical emergencies, surgeries, and diagnostic procedures. As a 345-bed facility, we employ 1,500 staff and 250 physicians.Bayshore Medical Center
is currently looking for a Registered Nurse (RN) - Adult Psych Unit. Responsibilities:
- The registered nurse provides clinical and administrative support to the program.
- The RN performs therapeutic measures prescribed and delegated by the physician.
- Participates in patient education and rehabilitation and provides interpretation of treatment to the patient and the patient's family.
- The RN coordinates unit activities and assures accountability of all assigned tasks.
- Participates in performance improvement activities to improve patient safety and quality of care.
- Maintains cultural and diversity awareness when dealing with patients, visitors, co-workers and other customers.
- Promotes a supportive, team-work oriented environment.
- Fulfills departmental responsibilities consistent with the long-range plan, mission, vision and values of Bayshore Medical Center.
- Current Texas licensure with State Board of Nurse Examiners
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required
- Must possess at least an academic diploma in nursing and be licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Texas. Be eligible for on the job training or the equivalent.
- Experience in psychiatric nursing is preferred.