Under general supervision, provides nursing care to a variety of patients with health problems ranging from simple to complex. Employees work in the Float Pool and may work at any of the OU Medical System facilities.
Responsibilities listed in this section are core to the position. Inability to perform these responsibilities with or without an accommodation may result in disqualification from the position.
• Provides a flexible workforce to supplement the inpatient nursing units on the campus
• Obtains a limited history and assessment documenting such things as chief complaint, allergies, current medications and the immunization status of patients
• Assists physician in the examination of patients and in performing diagnostic procedures and treatments
• Administer medication as prescribed
• Assist the front desk with appointments and discharges, when necessary
• Assists with coordinating hospital admissions from the clinic and/or transferring patients
• Performs other duties as assigned
Education: Graduate of an approved school of nursing.
Experience: Three (3) years experience as a Registered Nurse
Licensure/Certifications/Registrations Required: Possession of a valid temporary license or permanent license issued by the Oklahoma State Board of Nursing as a Registered Nurse prior to entrance on duty. Permanent license must be obtained within 3 months of appointment. BLS required upon hire. Additional certifications may be required based on department assignment, see attached for details.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom