Rose Medical Center, a HealthOne hospital, has been recognized as a Magnet designated hospital, a rare achievement that distinguishes organizations like Rose that meet rigorous standards for nursing excellence. Rose has also been recognized for the tenth time as of the nation's 100 Top Hospitals by Truven Health, a leading provider of information and solutions to improve costs and quality of healthcare. Rose has been named top performer on "Key Quality Measures" by the Joint Commission in recognition of our exemplary performance in using evidence based clinical processes that are shown to improve care for certain conditions, including heart attacks, pneumonia , and surgery. Rose received the prestigious Healthgrades Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence in 2017, in recognition of our dedication to safety and quality outcomes as well as receiving Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience Award for two years straight. In addition Rose has earned straight A's from the Leapfrog Group recognizing patient safety since the program began. Rose has also been named as the "Top Baby Hospital in Denver" by 5280 Magazine, "Best Birthing Center" by Colorado Parent Magazine, one of the "Top 8 Places to Give Birth in the Nation" by Fit Pregnancy Magazine and Rose has more 'Top Doctors" as recognized in 5280 Magazine than any other hospital in the area. Rose was also named as a "Top 100 Workplace" in 2015.
The wound care RN is responsible for daily patient care, assessment, wound care, patient education and coordination of care related to wound management among the multidisciplinary team. The wound care RN performs duties consistent with the scope of practice and functions within the philosophy and overall plan of care at RMC.Qualifications:
- Position Requirements:
- Education: Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Licensure/Certification/Registration: RN License in the State of Colorado. Compact license acceptable but must obtain Colorado state license within 90 days of hire. Current BLS certification through American Heart Association.
- Required Education and Training:
- Recommended Education and Training: A minimum of 12 hours of continuing education or inservice attendance is recommended.
- Experience: Must have prior experience working with wound care patients, prior experience with billing and coding preferred
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Uses the nursing process to plan, implement, direct, and evaluate patient care to achieve optimal patient outcomes; works collaboratively with all other disciplines on assigned unit. Effective verbal skills and written communication. Communicates positively and professionally with all internal and external customers. Equipment and supplies used may include Sensilase PADIQ Machine, DINAMAP/Non-invasive blood pressure machine, Glucometer, Podiatric exam chair, exam light, wheelchairs/stretchers, cast saw, Doppler, advanced wound care dressings, Negative Pressure Wound Therapy (NPWT) devices, multilayer compression wraps, Hoyer lift, oxygen, Seacrest Hyperbaric Chambers, needles/syringes/medications,
bandage scissors, personal protective equipment, fax/copy machine/computer. III. Degree of Supervision Required:
Minimal after proficiency is established. Individual proceeds on his/her own initiative in compliance with policies, procedures and practices outlined by the supervisor