Coliseum Center for Behavioral Health provides mental health services to assist adults with psychiatric disorders in a safe, nurturing environment. For over 30 years, our mental health specialists and psychiatrists have provided individualized treatment plans for our patients, giving them the best chances of a full recovery and stability. POSITION SUMMARY:
Supports the mission of the organization as a member of the multidisciplinary team in the provision of the highest, quality healthcare to include individualized, patient and family-centered, holistic, and supportive care in a safe and caring environment. Provides professional nursing care to patients by utilizing the standards of nursing practice and the nursing process as directed by the American Nurses Association (ANA) in order to organize, modify, evaluate, document and maintain the plan of care for behavioral health patients.
Full Time Days (7a-7p)
- Demonstrates knowledge and application of the nursing process through competencies evidenced in the provision of nursing care to Psychiatric and/or Chemical Dependency patients.
- Supports, maintains and provides an environment which is supportive of quality patient care through effective use of resources and personnel.
- Practices, develops and endorses customer service skills in relationships with internal and external customers.
- Serves as the patient and family advocate with respect to the patient's right to privacy by protecting confidential information.
- Plans and implements patient care and teaching based on a total assessment and the age of the patient.
- Evaluates and documents patient response; monitors and recognizes changes in physiological and psychosocial status promptly; takes appropriate and timely action based on assessment of the patient to include communication with physicians and applicable multidisciplinary team members.
- Functions as charge nurse when needed and position competencies assessed.
- Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety, quality of care or the services delivered.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system. Uses system to report potential patient safety issues.
- Follows established guidelines for reporting a significant medical error or unanticipated outcome in the patient's care which results in patient harm.
- Attends in-service presentations and completes all mandatory education requirements.
- Participates and cooperates in the unit based Performance Improvement processes, and utilizes Performance Improvement Plan to improve patient safety.
- Regular, Punctual and dependable attendance.
- As a crisis prevention intervention trained staff member, responds appropriately to a manpower request.
- Maintain annual employee health requirements.
- Functions as a collaborative and collegial member of the interdisciplinary team.
- Maintains therapeutic boundaries during all encounters.
- Adheres to organizational policies, procedures, established processes and rules.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Associate Degree or Diploma in Nursing required
- BSN preferred
- State of Georgia RN License required
- BLS - AHA Healthcare Provider required
- CPI certification required
- RN-C preferred
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
- One year Behavioral Health care experience preferred
- One year Medical/Surgical care experience preferred
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
- Clinically proficient as evidenced by the ability to utilize critical thinking and problem solving strategies
- Articulate communication skills in both oral and written form
- Physical, mental and emotional health and stability to meet the needs of the population served
- Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external partners needs
- Managers behavioral health escalations in proactively calm and professional manner seeking interventions to de-escalate promptly
- Knowledge of body substance isolation
- Basic computer skills with development of Meditech documentation proficiency
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom