Retreat Doctors' Hospital, a campus of Henrico Doctors' Hospital, is one of Healthgrades Top 50 Hospitals in the nation. Retreat is a 226-bed facility offering medical and surgical programs, 24-hour adult and pediatric emergency care and outpatient services. The Retreat Doctors' Hospital campus is also home to the Institute of Urological Health, offering the latest innovations in urological care and surgery. Located in the historic Fan District, we are proud to bring state-of-the-art technology and compassionate care to our neighbors and the surrounding community
The Behavioral Health (RN) provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
• Assesses, plans and evaluates patient care needs.
• Prioritizes patient care based on acuity level and available resources.
• Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, and monitors vital signs.
• Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well coordinated patient care.
• Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
• Instructs and educates patients and families.
• Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
• Required - Current Virginia license or license pending state board approval.
• Preferred - One year experience in Behavioral Health services.
• Required - Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
• Preferred - Enrolled in a bachelors of nursing program.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom