St. David's Medical Center is part of St. David's HealthCare, one of the largest health systems in Texas, which was recognized in 2014 with a Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award. Founded in 1924, St. David's Medical Center is a full-service medical center offering comprehensive medical care at three locations-St. David's Medical Center, Heart Hospital of Austin and St. David's Georgetown Hospital. Located in central Austin, St. David's Medical Center includes a 350-bed acute care hospital and a 64- bed rehabilitation hospital providing comprehensive inpatient and outpatient care. It is home to the internationally renowned Texas Cardiac Arrhythmia Institute and St. David's Neuroscience & Spine Institute. The hospital provides a complete range of women's services, including its acclaimed maternity unit, maternal-fetal medicine, a high-risk maternal and neonatal transport team, the region's largest and most sophisticated Neonatal Intensive Care Unit and The Breast Center; complex surgical services; a comprehensive Bariatric Surgery Center; and a 24-hour emergency department. St. David's Medical Center was named among the nation's 100 Top Hospitals by Truven Health Analytics from 2010 to 2016. Truven also named St. David's Medical Center to the list of 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospitals in 2013, 2015 and 2016. The hospital earned a national distinction for patient safety from The Leapfrog Group from 2012 to 2016, and it received the 2016 Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence from Healthgrades for the fifth consecutive year, as well as Healthgrades' 2016 America's 100 Best Hospitals Award™ for the second consecutive year. POSITION SUMMARY
The RN Quality Coordinator - PRN coordinates quality initiatives along with the Quality Manager to include core measures, peer review, OPPE/ FPPE, and special QI projects. Learn and perform additional duties within the Quality Management department that assist with critical needs, staff shortages, and/or holiday coverage. ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Assist with coordination, dissemination and implementation of action plans to achieve compliance and improve core measures and quality initiatives.
- Perform concurrent review as needed
- Collaborate and educate physicians and multidisciplinary hospital staff to facilitate care management to achieve compliance in core measures and improve quality outcomes
Reads, analyzes, and records medical information for appropriateness of medical management.
- Analyzes medical records identified by the Case Management Department or other sources for potential quality issues. (High risk/ high volume)
- Documents quality issues on quality worksheet.
- Coordinate collection of data for OPPE/ FPPE process.
- Prepare OPPE profiles as per schedule
- Present profiles to Medical Staff department chairman and take action as directed which may include further review of data, sending letters or other actions as deemed necessary.
- Review cases, as needed, for FPPE and present information to appropriate parties.
Assists Quality Manager with special projects.Qualifications: POSITION QUALIFICATIONS EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Two years acute care hospital experience and one or more years' experience with performance improvement. Extensive knowledge of Physician Performance Improvement. Excellent communication and presentation skills and ability to work independently with minimal supervision. Proficient knowledge of word-processing and data entry. Capability of interpreting data and creating understandable information. EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Registered Nurse, BSN. LICENSE/CERTIFICATION Required:
Current Texas Registered Nurse License