Medical City Dallas RN - Registered Nurse - Quality Performance Improvement Coordinator FULL TIME
The RN Performance Improvement Coordinator (Quality) is responsible for providing PI support and leadership to various clinical and non-clinical service lines, participating in Core Measure concurrent and retrospective review, facilitating PI and Core Measure teams, and coordinating all aspects of the medical staff peer review process. This position involves the following:
- Identifying and coordinating activities geared toward improved patient care processes and outcomes
- Collaborating across the organization with appropriate leaders to develop metrics, data collection methodologies
- Provide analysis to achieve department and organizational performance improvement goals
- Develop reports that support PI activities
- Support patient safety program(i.e. management of sentinel events and root cause analysis, national patient safety goals, and integration of initiatives within existing programs such as NQF Safe Practices and medication safety).
- Maintains communication with administration, medical staff and departmental leaders regarding PI activities.
Medical City is a very "special" ANCC Magnet
medical center located in far North Dallas that is designed with the health and well-being of the entire family. Prevention of disease is our focus, but treatment, when necessary is by some of the most highly specialized physicians in the country. In fact, patients travel to Medical City from over 75 countries and from all over the United States for the sophisticated treatment offered by some of its 400 in-house physician specialists....where they have access to the latest and most sophisticated technology. Over 95 different medical and surgical sub-specialists are housed within the "City". Our medical center offers a full service adult and pediatric hospital, with separate adult and pediatric emergency rooms, outpatient centers, and a psychiatric hospital. Being recognized for their excellence in patient care, Medical City has received numerous awards including the Joint Commission's highest honor bestowed to hospitals in the United States. Why work for HCA:
Click the Link to find out more about our Benefits and what our employees have to say about working with Medical City. For additional information contact Jamie Revill at 972-322-4166 or Jamie.firstname.lastname@example.org Qualifications: POSITION QUALIFICATIONS
- Graduate of an accredited school of Professional Nursing
- BSN required within 24 months of hire
- A minimum of one year experience in a similar position in an acute care facility required
- Current RN license in the State of Texas or compact license with the ability to obtain permanent license in TX
- Expertise in quality data/peer review data abstraction, data analysis, and improvement strategies.
- Experience in design of data collection systems
- Working knowledge of peer review criteria, The Joint Commission, CMS, and other regulatory and accreditation requirements
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom