RN - Special Per Diem - 13-week Assignment
Adult Medicine Specialty - Med/Surg 7p-7a Special Per Diem Requirements:
- Be available to work full-time schedule during assignment.
- Work the shifts needed by the Department to which you are assigned.
- Work as the needs of the Department to which you are assigned requires.
- Requests for time off will be granted only as staffing needs permit.
- Attend Department Staff meetings.
- Work holidays that are recognized at OUMS, and that you will not receive holiday differential pay.
- Work no more than 40 hours per week without senior leader approval.
- Maintain any required certifications for the area to which you are assigned.
Under general supervision, provides nursing care in hospital clinic to a variety of patients with health problems ranging from simple to complex.
Provides a flexible workforce to supplement the inpatient nursing units on the campus. Obtains a limited history and assessment documenting such things as chief complaint, allergies, current medications and the immunization status of patients. Assists physician in the examination of patients and in performing minor diagnostic procedures and treatments. When necessary, will assist the front desk with appointments and discharges. Assists with coordinating hospital admissions from the clinic and/or transferring patients. Administer medication as prescribed.Qualifications:
Minimum Qualifications: *Education:
Graduate of an approved school of nursing. *Experience:
Three (3) years experience as a registered nurse with at least two (2) years being acute care experience *Licensure:
Possession of a valid temporary license or permanent license issued by the Oklahoma State Board of Nurse Registration and Nursing Education as a registered nurse prior to entrance on duty (permanent license must be obtained within 3 months of appointment).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of professional nursing theory, practices, techniques and procedures. Ability to organize, plan, coordinate and evaluate nursing services and apply nursing techniques. Ability to maintain good working relationships with other employees. Good verbal and written communication skills. Some computer skills.
Physical Requirements (with or without accommodation):
Requires frequent bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and sufficient manual dexterity to operate therapeutic equipment. Must be able to stand for long periods at a time. Good mental and physical health to work for long periods of time in a stressful atmosphere.