Why We Like Working for Reston: At our facility, we value teamwork and compassion across the spectrum of care. Click here to see what some of our team members have to say about being a part the HCA team.
Reston Hospital Center offers a full range of medical services, including 24-hour emergency care.
- 187-bed acute care medical and surgical hospital
- Located in the heart of Reston's vibrant Town Center
- The only accredited Chest Pain Center in Northern Virginia-certified by the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care.
- Certified Stroke Center
- Certified Total Joint Center
- Free employee parking!
- Employee wellness programs and discounts
- Collaborative relationships with nursing schools: George Mason University, Marymount University, Northern Virginia Community College and Shenandoah University
A caring organization, Reston Hospital Center is dedicated to enhancing the health and quality of life in our community. Additional Information about our Surgical Unit:
• 29-Bed Unit (Ortho, Neuro, Spine, Urology and General Surgery)
• Fast pace environment (2-3 day patient turn around)
• Operates on 12-hour shifts
• Types of patients are generally recovering from hip/knee procedures
• Conducts Daily Interdisciplinary Rounds
• A supportive environment focused on fostering educational opportunities and specialty certification The Registered Nurse (RN
• Assesses, plans, implements, evaluates and documents all aspects of patient care.
• Delegates appropriate tasks to unlicensed personnel and providing required supervision.
• Works closely with all health care providers to facilitate and coordinate efficient, effective, quality health care.
• Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the appropriate life span;
• Possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient's status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to his or her age-specific needs;
• Possess the ability to provide care needed by the pertinent patient group(s).
• Implements and/or complies with all the policies, procedures and standards of the unit, department and the institution.
• Demonstrates HCA values and adheres to HCAs ethical and compliance principles in his/her daily activities.Qualifications: Surgical Unit:
Two years of recent Medical/Surgical experience preferred. BLS required.
BSN Graduate of an accredited Nursing Program or obtained within five years of employment.
Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Virginia
Greater than two years clinical experience in an acute care facility within the last 5 years plus specific unit requirements.
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom