Equipped with the best healing practices, brightest medical teams and the most advanced medical technologies, Medical Center of Trinity, a new 290 bed, state-of-the-art, all private room hospital located on a 50-acre campus, serves the fast growing communities of Pasco, Hillsborough and Pinellas Counties. With a healthcare team that brings over 40 years in a clinical setting and a strong dedication to patient-centered care, our talented RNs and medical professionals are always encouraged to learn, grow and thrive in a supportive atmosphere that celebrates the commitment of our people.
The new tech-savvy hospital offers a variety of programs and services including Emergency Care, Heart & Vascular, Spine & Orthopedics, Cancer Care, and Women's Health & Obstetrics. The hospital is also an Accredited Chest Pain Center, has a Community Comprehensive Cancer Program and features a Blue Distinction Center for hip and knee replacement, as well as spine surgery.
As the limb salvage and lung nodule navigator will you impact patient outcomes through providing support to those in need. You will work closely with patients and their families to provide education, help schedule appointments and coordinate communication between multidisciplinary healthcare specialists. You will handle health teaching and counseling, promote wellness, act as a patient advocate and work diligently with the care providers. The navigator role will require a lot of self-direction, autonomy and a strong drive for success.
This is a duel role between navigating for the Florida Limb Salvage Institute within the wound care department, and lung nodules through the pulmonary/thoracic department. This role does not include direct patient care, but does offer the ability to work very closely with individuals and follow them throughout their treatment course, to ensure the best possible outcomes.
Job responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Patient Care Protocol development
- Working as a patient advocate
- Coordinating patient care and physician communication across multiple specialties
- Developing and maintaining Physician relationships
- Community education and outreach
- Regular Presentations, including to a panel of physician specialists
- Bachelors degrees required; Masters preferred
- Current Florida Licensure as an RN
- Case Management experience preferred
- Vascular, Wound Care, and/or Oncology experience preferred
- Current certification as American Heart Association BLS Healthcare Provider
- Customer service abilities, including effective listening
- Critical Thinking skills, decisive judgement and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
- Previous Med Surg experience preferred