Eastside Medical Center - Snellville, GA Registered Nurse (RN) - Progressive Care Unit FT/Nights, rotating weekends Eastside
is a 310-bed, full-service, acute care medical center with nearly 1,200 employees and 450 affiliated physicians. The hospital is fully accredited by The Joint Commission. Eastside Medical Center
has been a leader for 31 years in a wide range of state of the art healthcare, including emergency services, neurosurgery, orthopaedics, women's services, neurosciences, oncology, cardiology and behavioral health.
The Progressive Care Unit
is a 20 bed unit consisting of 14 private rooms and 3 semi-private rooms. Our PCU provides safe and cost-effective care to a large number of patients with ever-increasing acuity through primary care nursing. Eastside Medical Center
is currently looking for a Registered Nurse (RN) - Progressive Care Unit. $10K Sign-On Bonus for RNs with 2 years experience Apply online NOW to join this fantastic team! Responsibilities:
- Performs duties in accordance with unit specific standards of care and evidence by documentation, observation and competencies.
- Assessment completed within time frame appropriate to population served, each shift and as needed by patient condition.
- Nursing Plan of Care is developed to meet individual patient needs according to nursing standards of care/practice for population served.
- Plan is updated with any change in patient condition.
- Formulates and takes nursing actions to implement plan of care: records actions and patient response.
- Patient/Family involvement is indicated on plan of care if appropriate.
- Patient teaching is planned and implemented.
- Delivers care with respect to the individuals spiritual and cultural needs.
- Changes in patient's physiological and behavioral status are recognized, documented as they occur.
- Adverse response to care or treatment is recognized, documented and reported to the physician.
- Hand Off Communication occurs at shift change, between departments, upon transfer and discharge.
- Provides patient education and documentation of understanding regarding tests, procedures, equipment and medications.
- Manages pain through assessment (with appropriate pain scale) intervention, re-assessment within appropriate time period.
- Implements orders in timely manner.
- Meets physical and psychosocial needs for an assigned group of patients.
- Patient care is prioritized and delegated based on patient needs.
- Provides patient care with consideration of professional ethics. Utilizes hospital ethics' policies appropriately.
- Maintains responsibility for patients assigned to LPNs or Nurse Technicians (directs their activities within their scope of practice.
- Delivers care in a safe and effective manner.
- Delivers medication according to policy; Scans and performs Medication Reconciliation.
- Follows policies and procedures regarding safety and precautions, uses all safety devices and processes.
- Ensures accuracy in scanning and documentation of meds
- Participates in process improvement activity standards.
- Maintains patient/employee confidentiality and privacy; HIPAA.
- Current Georgia RN license
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- BLS - American Heart Association
- ACLS (required within 60 days of hire)
- Good communication skills
- Good computer skills
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom