The Graduate Nurse Resident is a registered nurse participating in a specified training program which is standardized based on area of specialization. The training includes orientation, combined with unit based, precepted clinical experiences and didactic instruction. The Graduate Nurse Resident is under the direct supervision of their Preceptor and Supervisor Nursing Unit. According to hospital policies and procedures, by the direction of their Preceptor, the Resident assesses, plans, implements, and evaluates nursing care for assigned patients.Qualifications: EDUCATION:
Required - Graduation from an accredited/approved school of professional nursing, no longer than six months ago. Completion of ADN or BSN degree.
Preferred - BSN degree. EXPERIENCE:
Preferred - Experience as a Patient Care Technician in an acute care setting or capstone rotation in St. David's HealthCare facilities. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must be able to demonstrate understanding of HCA's "Patients First" safety initiative and St. David's HealthCare Service Excellence standards by strict compliance to all safety protocols and procedures.
- Completes training plan, competency assessments as established for program..
- Interfaces directly with public, physicians, staff, patients, administration, and ancillary/support department representatives.
- Written and verbal communication skills adequate for performance of the position.
- Maintains confidentiality of patient's medical records.
: Required - Current permit to practice as a Graduate Nurse in Texas and current BCLS provider. Must pass NCLEX exam and obtain license to practice as a Registered Nurse in Texas within first 30 days of employment.
Preferred - Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in Texas.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom