RN/Registered Nurse Float Pool - PRN
SPECIFIC ELEMENTS AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
The Float Pool RN provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of Spotsylvania Regional Medical Center. The tasks and responsibilities include the following:
1. Provides nursing care within the philosophy, objectives and policies of the facility.
2. Possesses the knowledge and skills to provide quality nursing care via the nursing process.
3. Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
4. Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs.
5. Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
6. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
7. Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with the healthcare team.
8. Initiates and documents patient teaching including family and/or significant others
9. Documents required information according to hospital policy.
10. Performs job tasks to ensure patient, personal and departmental safety.
11. Communicates effectively and professionally with internal and external customers.
12. Assesses and coordinates patient discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
13. Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
14. Functions in an organized and time conscious manner.
15. Presents self in a professional manner.
Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
Required: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
Preferred: Enrolled in a bachelor's of nursing program.
Required: Current Virginia nursing license.
Required: Current certification as an American Heart Association BLS Healthcare Provider.
Required: Current ACLS for Critical Care areas; Current PALS for ED area
Required: Minimum of 2 years of acute care experience.
Required: Minimum of 2 competency categories required.
Required: Completion of competency assessment within 90 days of entering Float Pool and annually as needed.