RN Registered Nurse - Medical Surgical (Nights)
Retreat Doctors' Hospital, a campus of Henrico Doctors' Hospital, is one of Healthgrades Top 50 Hospitals in the nation. Retreat is a 226-bed facility offering medical and surgical programs, 24-hour adult and pediatric emergency care and outpatient services. The Retreat Doctors' Hospital campus is also home to the Institute of Urological Health, offering the latest innovations in urological care and surgery. Located in the historic Fan District, we are proud to bring state-of-the-art technology and compassionate care to our neighbors and the surrounding community
The 5 East Medical Surgical RN provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
• Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
• Carries out physician orders.
• Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, and monitors vital signs.
• Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
• Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
Click here to learn more about 5East at Retreat:
Additional Unit Information:
• 5E is a 23 bed medical unit
• 4:1 patient ratio
• Average Daily Census is 13
• This unit is open to hiring eager new graduates
• 5E is a medical unit that houses medical patients and complex care patients. Complex Care patients are patients with strokes, wounds, brain injury, general debilitation, respiratory issues, and trachs .The goal is to get these patients to tolerate rehab for 3hrs a day so they can move on to acute rebab or home. There is a mixture of patients in each assignment and complex care patients are divided amongst all nurses.
Required Job Qualifications include:
• Current licensure as a RN
• Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider.
• Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
• Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
• Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
• Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment greater than 50 pounds.