SPECIFIC ELEMENTS AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
1. Provides nursing care within the philosophy, objectives and policies of SRMC.
2. Knowledge and skills to provide quality nursing care via the nursing process.
3. Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
4. Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
5. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
6. Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
7. Initiates and documents patient teaching including family and/or significant others. Uses appropriate Patient Education documentation modality.
8. Documents required information according to hospital policy.
9. Perform job task to ensure patient, personal and departmental safety.
10. Communicates effectively and professionally with internal and external customers.
11. Functions in an organized and time conscious manner.
12. Demonstrates leadership in the charge nurse role by supervising the delivery of care.
13. Orients and mentors new staff members.
14. Presents self in a professional manner.
Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
Required: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
Preferred: BSN or enrolled in a bachelor's of nursing program.
Required: Current Virginia license (or multi-state compact license with eligibility to practice in Virginia).
Required: Current certification as an American Heart Association BLS Healthcare Provider.
Preferred: 2 years of experience in area of clinical expertise to which applying.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom