Henrico Doctors' Hospital is a 340-bed community hospital offering a full range of healthcare services. We specialize in heart and stroke care, women's health, orthopedics and groundbreaking diagnostic imaging. We're also a national trendsetter in kidney transplants through the Virginia Transplant Center and as part of the Virginia Institute of Robotic Surgery, we lead the state in minimally-invasive procedures with da Vinci robotic-assisted surgeries.
SPECIFIC ELEMENTS AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS*
1. Demonstrates knowledge of pathophysiology for common neonatal disorders.
2. Performs clinical nursing duties for neonates and infants according to policy and procedures. Maintains patient individualized standards of care.
3. Performs neonatal assessment and provides appropriate interventions.
4. Recognizes and responds promptly and appropriately to acute changes in neonate/infant's condition. Responds appropriately to emergency situations in NICU and other hospital departments.
5. Recognizes developmental stages of neonates and infants and provides appropriate support to maximize infant's developmental outcome.
6. Provides support and teaching to the family unit.
7. Communicates effectively with all members of the health care team utilizing verbal and written skills.
8. Demonstrates effective leadership abilities in clinical situations.
9. Administers medication following policy and procedure demonstrating the 5 rights and knowledge of pharmacokinetics.
Required - Current Virginia license or license pending results of State Board and 1 year RN experience in area of clinical expertise of which applying.
Required - Graduate of accredited School of Nursing with current license as a Registered Professional Nurse in the State of Virginia
Preferred - BSN degree or currently enrolled in BSN Program.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom