RN/Registered Nurse - NICU - Part time
SPECIFIC ELEMENTS AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
1. Provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
2. Assesses, plans and evaluates patient care needs including obtaining patient history and assessing for newborn risk factors.
3. Carries out physician orders. Rounds with physicians.
4. Cares for patients requiring newborn care, feeding, IV, medications, respiratory care including stabilizing and preparing for transport.
5. Manages and assesses the patient's pain.
6. Administers prescribed medications and monitors vital signs.
7. Assists physician with delivery, treatment, examination and surgical procedures.
8. Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for outstanding patient care.
9. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
10. Instructs and educates patients and families. Encourages Family Centered Care.
11. Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
12. Orients and mentors new staff members.
13. Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment.
Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing is required.
Current licensure as an RN in the state of Virginia or current multi-state compact RN license with eligibility to practice in VA is required.
Current certification as an American Heart Association BLS Healthcare Provider and NRP is required.
Two years in a Level 2 or Level 3 NICU is required