PICU at Forest
Henrico Doctors' Hospital is a 340-bed community hospital offering a full range of healthcare services. We specialize in heart and stroke care, women's health, orthopedics and groundbreaking diagnostic imaging. We're also a national trendsetter in kidney transplants through the Virginia Transplant Center and as part of the Virginia Institute of Robotic Surgery, we lead the state in minimally-invasive procedures with da Vinci robotic-assisted surgeries.
Our PICU enables us to give critically ill children, or those requiring close observation, the specialized care their condition requires. A team of Pediatric Intensivist physicians supervises the care of our PICU patients. These Pediatric Intensivists are available for referral 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Like our Pediatric Hospitalists, the Pediatric Intensivists will update your pediatrician on your child's care and progress.
SPECIFIC ELEMENTS AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
1. Responsible for clinical management of the patient.
2. Functions as a Registered Nurse by role - modeling professional behavior.
3. Functions as a Charge Nurse/Resource Nurse.
4. Assures satisfaction of customers (patients, visitors, physicians and staff) Additional information about our unit
Qualifications: EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- 4 bed unit
- Nurse Patient ratio is 1:1
- Unit based educator to support onboarding and facilitate growth of staff
- Team with employees ranging from new grads to 25 years of experience, fosters mentoring environment.
- Professional growth is fostered through an active Unit Practice Council, hospital wide Shared and Governance and multidisciplinary safety committee.
- 24 hour pediatric intensivist coverage
- Diploma or Associates Degree from a professional nursing program (required)
- BSN or current enrollment in a BSN program at an accredited school of Nursing (preferred)
- Current Registered Nurse License in this state
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider (required)
- ACLS, PALS (preferred)
- At least 1 year of experience in a Pediatric ICU (required)
- 2 years of experience in a Pediatric ICU (preferred)
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom