PICU at Forest
Henrico Doctors' Hospital is a 340-bed community hospital offering a full range of healthcare services. We specialize in heart and stroke care, women's health, orthopedics and groundbreaking diagnostic imaging. We're also a national trendsetter in kidney transplants through the Virginia Transplant Center and as part of the Virginia Institute of Robotic Surgery, we lead the state in minimally-invasive procedures with da Vinci robotic-assisted surgeries.
Our PICU enables us to give critically ill children, or those requiring close observation, the specialized care their condition requires. A team of Pediatric Intensivist physicians supervises the care of our PICU patients. These Pediatric Intensivists are available for referral 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Like our Pediatric Hospitalists, the Pediatric Intensivists will update your pediatrician on your child's care and progress.
SPECIFIC ELEMENTS AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
1. Responsible for clinical management of the patient.
2. Functions as a Registered Nurse by role - modeling professional behavior.
3. Functions as a Charge Nurse/Resource Nurse.
4. Assures satisfaction of customers (patients, visitors, physicians and staff) Additional information about our unit
Qualifications: EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- 4 bed unit
- Nurse Patient ratio is 1:1
- Unit based educator to support onboarding and facilitate growth of staff
- Team with employees ranging from new grads to 25 years of experience, fosters mentoring environment.
- Professional growth is fostered through an active Unit Practice Council, hospital wide Shared and Governance and multidisciplinary safety committee.
- 24 hour pediatric intensivist coverage
- Diploma or Associates Degree from a professional nursing program (required)
- BSN or current enrollment in a BSN program at an accredited school of Nursing (preferred)
- Current Registered Nurse License in this state
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider (required)
- ACLS, PALS (preferred)
- At least 1 year of experience in a Pediatric ICU (required)
- 2 years of experience in a Pediatric ICU (preferred)