John Randolph Medical Center is a community hospital founded in 1915 in the City of Hopewell, Virginia, John Randolph Medical Center is a nationally recognized healthcare provider serving the TriCities and surrounding communities. Recognized three consecutive years as one of the Joint Commission's Top Performing Hospitals, our facility has a stroke and chest pain accredited emergency room and was recently recognized by the American Association of Respiratory Care. We are part of HCA Virginia Health System, Central Virginia's largest healthcare. John Randolph is 147-bed facility. http://www.johnrandolphmed.com/ .
The Registered Nurse (RN)
will perform care under the direction of the unit Nursing Leadership Team and the Director. The Registered Nurse provides therapeutic and administrative services necessary for the care of the patient, in support of HCA ethical principles and values. The RN is responsible for assessing, planning, implementing, evaluating, and documenting all aspects of patient care. The Registered Nurse delegates appropriate tasks to unlicensed personnel and provides required supervision. The RN works closely with all health care providers to facilitate and coordinate efficient, effective, and quality healthcare. The Registered Nurse communicates effectively and maintains therapeutic relationships with patients, families, physicians, and staff. The RN evaluates patient's signs and symptoms; and records and reports results. The Registered Nurse sets priorities and modifies patient care in response to changing conditions by utilizing problem solving skills and exhibiting good judgment. The RN collaborates with physicians regarding patient progress towards the outcome attainment. The Registered Nurse assists physician during treatment/examination of patient and processes orders. The RN makes appropriate and timely notification to physicians on patient condition changes. The Registered Nurse is expected to attend Unit Meetings as directed by the Nurse Manager and participate in continuing education programs to maintain competence and gain additional skills.
Qualifications: EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Patient Rights - The Registered Nurse will work to support and protect the rights of each patient served, treat each patient with dignity and care, and maintain patient confidentiality/privacy.
- Patient Safety - The Registered Nurse demonstrates commitment to patient safety initiatives including patient falls, medication safety, National Patient Safety Goals, critical value reporting, and administration of blood products.
- Diploma or Associates Degree from a professional nursing program (required)
- BSN or current enrollment in a BSN program at an accredited school of Nursing (preferred)
- Current Registered Nurse License in this state
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider (required)
- 1 year of experience in area of clinical expertise to which applying (preferred)
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom