John Randolph Medical Center
We're your local community hospital, serving Hopewell, Colonial Heights, Petersburg and the surrounding area since 1915. At our 147-bed hospital, you can access the advanced technology and sophisticated treatments typically found in larger urban medical centers. As one of the HCA Virginia hospitals, we deliver the best of both worlds-high-quality, technology-assisted expert care in a warm, welcoming and personalized environment.
The Behavioral Health Registered Nurse (RN) provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Performs initial and on-going physical and psychosocial assessment according to accepted standards of nursing practice.
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Participates in treatment team conferences to assist in planning and revising goals, objectives and interventions appropriate to the age-related and problem-specific needs of each patient.
- Implements nursing plan of care for assigned patients and conducts and/or co-leads group therapy sessions for patients.
- Recent RN experience in a hospital; Behavioral Health experience preferred
- Current RN License in the Commonwealth of Virginia
- Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing, BSN or Associate Degree
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds