We are offering up to 10K Sign On Bonus
*Current HCA employees are not eligible Why We Like Working for John Randolph Medical Center:
At our facility, we value teamwork and compassion across the spectrum of care. Click here to see what some of our team members have to say about being a part the John Randolph Team
John Randolph Medical Center is a community hospital founded in 1915 in the City of Hopewell, Virginia, John Randolph Medical Center is a nationally recognized healthcare provider serving the TriCities and surrounding communities. Recognized three consecutive years as one of the Joint Commission's Top Performing Hospitals, our facility has a stroke and chest pain accredited emergency room and was recently recognized by the American Association of Respiratory Care. We are part of HCA Virginia Health System, Central Virginia's largest healthcare. John Randolph is 147-bed facility. Progressive Care Unit (PCU) Information:
- 25 beds: All private rooms
- Patient Population: Upper Respiratory, Cardiac and Stroke patients
- Throughput Coordinator: Helps with discharging patients
- Support Staff: One Certified Nurse Assistant for every two Registered Nurses(RN)
- Leap Frog Grade A
- Chest Pain and Stroke Certified
The Progressive Care Unit (PCU) Registered Nurse (RN)
will perform care under the direction of the unit Nursing Leadership Team and the Director.
- The PCU Registered Nurse provides therapeutic and administrative services necessary for the care of the patient, in support of HCA ethical principles and values.
- The Progressive Care Unit (Telemetry) RN is responsible for assessing, planning, implementing, evaluating, and documenting all aspects of patient care.
- The Registered Nurse delegates appropriate tasks to unlicensed personnel and provides required supervision.
- The RN works closely with all health care providers to facilitate and coordinate efficient, effective, and quality healthcare.
- The Registered Nurse communicates effectively and maintains therapeutic relationships with patients, families, physicians, and staff.
- The RN evaluates patient's signs and symptoms; and records and reports results. The Registered Nurse sets priorities and modifies patient care in response to changing conditions by utilizing problem solving skills and exhibiting good judgment.
- The Progressive Care Unit RN collaborates with physicians regarding patient progress towards the outcome attainment.
- The Registered Nurse assists physician during treatment/examination of patient and processes orders.
- The RN makes appropriate and timely notification to physicians on patient condition changes.
- The Registered Nurse is expected to attend Unit Meetings as directed by the Nurse Manager and participate in continuing education programs to maintain competence and gain additional skills.
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Diploma or Associates Degree from a professional nursing program (required)
- BSN or current enrollment in a BSN program at an accredited school of Nursing (preferred)
- Current Registered Nurse License in this state
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider (required)
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom