1. Communicates effectively with patients, families, physicians, and all aspects of the health care
2. Ensures accurate staffing and census records.
3. Acts as in-house resource for staff, patients, visitors, and physicians.
4. Assists units and families with patient expirations.
5. Responds to potential and/or actual emergency situations with direct and appropriate actions.
6. Coordinates transportation for transfers and/or admissions.
7. Obtains and communicates bed assignments utilizing the bedboard system.
8. Demonstrates ability in using hospital information systems.
9. Demonstrates ability to accurately obtain medication from the Pharmacy during 11-7 shift.
10. Demonstrates knowledge of processes to use when diversional status is requested.
11. Other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE Required - Four years experience as a Registered Nurse with demonstrated proficiency
in leadership, management skills, and critical care experience.
Preferred - Two years experience in a nursing management role.
EDUCATION Required - Graduate of an accredited school of nursing with a current license as a Registered
Nurse in the State of Virginia.
Preferred - BSN degree or currently enrolled in a program of study obtaining a BSN.
Required - PALS and ACLS
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom