SPECIFIC ELEMENTS AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
1. Responsible for clinical management of the patient.
2. Functions as a Registered Nurse by role - modeling professional behavior.
3. Functions as a Charge Nurse/Resource Nurse.
4. Assures satisfaction of customers (patients, visitors, physicians and staff)
5. Participates and understands Quality Management activities.
6. Demonstrates effective communication skills.
7. Demonstrates understanding of hospital and departmental policies and procedures.
8. Promotes cost effective unit operations.
9. Documents nursing care utilizing the appropriate tools.
10. Maintains competencies in clinical areas and is responsible for professional growth and development.
11. Complies with professional, regulatory, governmental and departmental standards.
12. And other duties as assigned.
Required: Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing.
Required: Licensed or eligible for licensure in the State of Virginia as a registered nurse.
Required: Previous experience in an acute care facility preferred.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom