This position, under the supervision Charge Nurse, appropriately coordinates and supervises patient care as provided by the patient care team. This care includes conducting initial and ongoing assessment of the patient and family, development of a family centered patient care plan and care path, family centered patient teaching, the identification of and correction of variances from the patient care path and the facilitation of discharge planning.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. This position, under the supervision of the Charge Nurse, appropriately coordinates and supervises patient care as provided by the patient care team. This care includes conducting initial and ongoing assessment of the patient and family, development of a family centered patient care plan and care path, family centered patient teaching, the identification of and correction of variances from the patient care path and the facilitation of discharge planning.
- Independently assesses patients and evaluates their needs.
- Formulates a patient specific care plan and updates every shift.
- Provides psychological and social support to the patient and family.
- Supports the philosophy and mission, vision, and values of Sky Ridge Medical Center through a positive interaction with all visitors on the unit.
- Participates in Quality Improvement activities.
- Facilitates and helps to promote a positive working environment.
- Ensures that all physician orders for patients under their care are acknowledged in Meditech.
2. Demonstrates awareness of and a commitment to the business and fiscal aspects of Sky Ridge Medical Center.
- Understands how team performance contributes to the overall business success of the partnership.
- Successfully balances the need for cost effectiveness and other business goals with delivery of quality services.
- Considers sources in the performance of routine procedures.
3. Responds to the developmental needs of the patient and family by demonstrating basic knowledge of patient growth and development and by providing individualized patient/family education, which addresses language, culture, and learning, needs.
- Keeps physicians and the Supervisor, Nursing Unit and/or Charge Nurse aware of significant information regarding the patient and family.
- Collaborates with other health care professionals regarding unusual situations, and seeks assistance as needed.
- Provides patient care for acutely ill patients which may require cardio/pulmonary care and monitoring , which follows the Nursing Process and adheres to the policies and procedures of the facility.
- Demonstrates ability to identify potentially critical changes in patient condition/cardiac rhythm and implement appropriate action.
4. Actively assists the Charge Nurse/CNC's in the promotion of positive intra and inter departmental activities.
- Understands role and how it relates to others. Consistently completes assignments in a timely manner.
- Takes action to respect the needs and contributions of others, regardless of personal opinion, to support group decisions.
- Facilitates interdisciplinary discharge planning by identifying needs, assisting with discharge teaching, facilitating the coordination of family with other services.
- Acts as role model for other team members and adheres to our Standards of Behavior
5. Takes responsibility for improving work process and the elimination of unnecessary activities.
- Identifies problems/inefficiencies and seeks input from others towards solving problems.
- Demonstrates an on-going knowledge of hospital and unit performance improvement processes and participates in the process.
Maintains current professional knowledge and skills in accordance with established methods of the department.
* Attends 75% of staff meetings.
* Attends 100% of mandatory meetings and in-services. Job Requirements
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Must be able to demonstrate understanding of national patient safety initiatives by strict compliance to all safety protocols and procedures as required by both HCA and Sky Ridge Medical Center. Demonstrates an ability to communicate, orally and in writing, clearly, effectively and in an open, accepting manner to diverse populations. Possess excellent critical thinking skills leading to timely, sound decisions. Ability to set and achieve goals and objectives. Demonstrates an ability to adhere to the management behavioral standards of Sky Ridge Medical Center. Must be able to demonstrate understanding of HCA's and Sky Ridge Medical Center's safety initiative by strict compliance to all safety protocols and procedures.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Required:
Graduation from an accredited school of nursing; 1-3 years of telemetry experience preferred. New Graduates accepted. Preferred:
BSN, Ability to recognize cardiac rhythms
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATES: Required:
Licensed in the state of Colorado as RN
BLS at time of hire
ACLS within first year
Complete basic and advanced EKG classes and well as Code Blue Bootcamp.
Follow the Clinical Education Pathway as outlined by the Medical/Telemetry Management Staff
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom