St. David's South Austin Medical Center - Austin, Texas
Supervisor (RN) - Medical Surgical Telemetry
Unit Description: 3 South
is a 36 bed Medical/Surgical Telemetry
unit. The patient population consists of adults and geriatric patients with a wide variety of diagnoses. This unit provides care to telemetry patients.
The unit provides a system of self-scheduling that enables opportunity for staff to choose their working days.
Qualifications: Position Requirements:
- Assists the Department Director in organizing, managing and overseeing the operation of unit. Maintains accountability for the coordination of nursing activities on assigned shift.
- Directs and supervises the licensed and unlicensed nursing staff in the delivery of patient care.
- Utilizes the nursing process to direct and deliver comprehensive nursing care to medical/surgical patients in a safe a proficient manner in accordance with individual patient needs.
- Provides nursing care to cardiovascular and med/surg. patients.
- Provides guidance and supervision of registered nurses, licensed vocational nurses, nursing techs and assistants, and secretaries.
- Graduate of an accredited School of nursing
- Registered Nurse license by the Texas Board of Nurse Examiners
- Minimum one year acute care experience required.
- Previous experience as a charge nurse or management position in an acute care area (hospital) preferred.