St. David's South Austin Medical Center - Austin, Texas
Supervisor (RN) - Medical Surgical Telemetry
Unit Description: 3 South
is a 36 bed Medical/Surgical Telemetry
unit. The patient population consists of adults and geriatric patients with a wide variety of diagnoses. This unit provides care to telemetry patients.
The unit provides a system of self-scheduling that enables opportunity for staff to choose their working days.
Qualifications: Position Requirements:
- Assists the Department Director in organizing, managing and overseeing the operation of unit. Maintains accountability for the coordination of nursing activities on assigned shift.
- Directs and supervises the licensed and unlicensed nursing staff in the delivery of patient care.
- Utilizes the nursing process to direct and deliver comprehensive nursing care to medical/surgical patients in a safe a proficient manner in accordance with individual patient needs.
- Provides nursing care to cardiovascular and med/surg. patients.
- Provides guidance and supervision of registered nurses, licensed vocational nurses, nursing techs and assistants, and secretaries.
- Graduate of an accredited School of nursing
- Registered Nurse license by the Texas Board of Nurse Examiners
- Minimum one year acute care experience required.
- Previous experience as a charge nurse or management position in an acute care area (hospital) preferred.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom